Royal Boogaerdt Timber

The origins of Houthandel Boogaerdt date back to 1741. On the 4th of November 1741 Hermanus Boogaerdt bought a timber company, situated on the Hooge Zeedijk in Rotterdam. Together with his sons: Ary and Bart Boogaerdt, Hermanus expanded this company. During the end of the 18th century they were operating 3 windmills, to produce timber for the V.O.C. shipbuilding. On 6 May 1811, during the Napoleonic occupation, Meindert Boogaerdt purchased the hexagonal sawmill ‘De Karper’ (The Carp) in Krimpen aan de Lek. The year 1845 saw the construction of the new, larger sawmill ‘Weltevreden’, and the first steam driven sawmill in the Netherlands was built just outside the village in 1856. In 1986 the company received its ‘Royal’ designation. In 2012 the ‘Royal’ designation received in 1986 was extended for a period of 25 years. Royal Boogaerdt Timber is a family owned company, that has been a supplier of Teak for many generations. Supplying teak wood and decks to many well-known shipbuilding companies around the world.  |  Dorpsstraat 88  |
Krimpen a/d Lek  
| +31 180 551 552  

  • Contact

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.